Monday, February 3, 2014

The Coca-cola ad Gotham deserves...

So... I've seen this kind of crap cropping up all over the place:




And even though this is the sort of thing I normally try to avoid, I feel passionately enough (in this instance), I just have to say something.

My .02¢, for any interested parties... 

To everyone who had a problem with the multi-lingual/multi-cultural Coke commercial that aired during the Superbowl last night...
(And if you haven't at least heard about it, you can see it here)
I'd like to point out a certain Coke commercial from 1971... 



Yeah! Right?

Given that commercial's tone and message it's no shocker what Coke's message is in the new ad... what (they claim or want to sell you on) their message has been... or what country we live in. 

Now... if you don't like mega-corporations, consumerism, capitalism, fast food culture with foods that poison those who ingest them... and you don't like Coke linking any or all of that with a positive message (as this commercial *clearly* is)... well, then...I can see your point. I can't say that I'm going to run right out and jump on your bandwagon... but, I can see where there is a case to be made there...

However, if you have an issue with the message/intent/vision of the ad, or the beautiful (decidedly American) imagery, or beyond all that... the ultimate truth of the country you live in (assuming you live in the states).... get over it, or move somewhere else...

I hear China is nice...


-Dennis

(returning the soapbox to it's upright and locked position)



P.S. - Do you have the right to be outraged and throw an ignorant, intolerant fit? Sure you do. This is America. Do I have the right to be offended by your attitude and/or opinions spit out all over social media? Yes. Yes I do... and I have every right to tell you to shut up or go away. (You just don't have to listen to me because, sadly, I have no authority) 

No comments:

Post a Comment