Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A Review - Malakh




I gave this book 4 out of 5 stars.



So here's the deal. I got into this book as soon as I started reading. It grabbed me, and I was in disbelief with how well it was written and how evocotive the characters were.

Then it happened. The story took a nose dive. It lost me completely. I got bogged down in itself (I think the writer got bogged down in the story.)

I sat it aside 3 times and tried to go back to it. I was unable to make more than a few pages again before I had lost all interest and had to set it aside.

I really had lost all hope for the book. It made me sad, due to the strong beginning.

Then it happened. The story got good again. Not just a little good, but extremely good. It became the page turner I had wanted it to be all along.

Then ending... um. No spoilers, is my belief, but... but... damn. I haven't secided if I liked it or not. I'll see how I feel after I read it again. (Yes, I will read it again.)

- Dennis Sharpe

Malakh on Goodreads.com


Malakh on Amazon.com



No comments:

Post a Comment